Saturday, August 23, 2008

Trading Places

Any one else struggle with the complexities of life? I was talking to a friend of mine who loves the martial arts, and loves his creative tatoos. He is the kind of friend that takes his personal time to help when there is a house problem that requires two house to fix.

After briefly talking to him, I asked myself a difficult question. After one year of knowing me, would he want to change lives with me? What about my life is attractive enough for someone else to desire trading? The more I thought, the more I realized that no one would want to trade with me. Talk about complex!

What if I lived tomorrow with such a passion that others said, "I want to be just like that."

I spent several hours today with a young small fry football team today at our local high school stadium. I spoke to eight year olds about doing your best no matter what happens. They loved the old Clemson football jersey, the National Championship ring, the helmet. They would have traded lives with me. BUT What about now, TODAY with what I am doing and how I am living and what about adults, eight year olds?

Just thought I might live such an attractive life tomorrow that someone may just wish to trade places with me.

No comments: